Tuesday, March 10, 2009

before


before, originally uploaded by The Drapery Lady.

This is an antique wingback love seat. I actually found it on craigslist. I contacted the seller and then changed my mind on the purchase. In my conversation with the seller I mentioned my plans for the piece. She was so excited she decided to keep it for herself. She asked me to make a slipcover for it so she can put it in her sunroom. She bought the fabric by my suggestion at the Duralee warehouse. It is the goldmine inmy town. I am so lucky to live near a designer showroom of this magnitude. They have a warehouse with all of last years designs. The deals are unbeleivable! Fabric can make or break a budget!!! The project was not an easy one. I cut the slipcover on the piece for a perfect fit. It took a little while and a lot of pins. The most complicated part was the ends of the wings. The transition into the seat proved to be complicated. The finished product was well worth it and my client was extremely happy.

No comments: